The Asian Business Association (ABA) is a not-for-profit professional business association which represents more than 1,100 Asian Pacific American small business owners, professionals and entrepreneurs.
The association is looking into adding a new ambitious, talented and fun individual to support the association’s existing members and more importantly, to secure new members that would benefit from ABA’s programs and events.
Membership Marketing Specialist
An ideal candidate will assist in the development and implementation of strategies to engage current and attracting new relationships with members, sponsors, corporations and key community partners. Along with the Board of Directors, Executive Director, and Program Manager, candidate should:
- Identify potential members from ABA events and form a plan to follow up and engage them effectively
- Build strong relationships with existing members to encourage them to offer their referrals
- Manage ABA’s social media presence, create creative & engaging marketing content and report ad results
- Encourage current member’s involvement in ABA functions, programs, mixers and meetings
- Assist development of new and creative programs that adds value to ABA’s membership
- Answer questions about membership at functions, email and phone inquiries
- Manage membership database to keep most updated records of members
- Develop membership programs with individuals with influence and/or with another organizations
- Report and process new and renew members
- Support organization’s operations where needed
We are looking for a social media savvy & outgoing candidate with a friendly demeanor, effective customer service skills, strong interpersonal communication skills, and confident speaking skills. An ideal candidate shall possess the ability to build a good rapport with members. Must have a strong sense of professionalism, team approach, work effectively under pressure, and work well both independently and with a team environment. 1-2 year experience in marketing, retail, or hospitality is ideal. The candidate must be available to work some evenings and weekends. Some travel may be required. Enjoys Asian food and boba is a plus.
Compensation & Benefits
Salary range: $15-18/hr. This position can be part time or full time or remote work, depending on qualifications and experience. We offer an amazing opportunity to connect with influential people in the business community, a great work environment, and a warm, fun & supportive team environment.
Interested applicants should submit resume and cover letter to Human Resources at [email protected] in doc. or pdf files. No phone calls please.